Immigration and nationality rates will see increases from next month, following the passing of legislation in the UK parliament on September 15.
The increase is aimed at paying for vital services, which will allow “more funding to be prioritized for public sector wages”, according to the UK Home Office.
The UK visa changes mean the cost of a visit visa of less than six months will increase from £100 to £115 (around Dhs514). The fee for applying for a student visa from outside the UK will increase from £127 to £490 (approximately Dhs2,186), to match the amount charged for applications made in the country.
In July, the government announced a 15 percent increase in the cost of most work and visit visas, and an increase of at least 20 percent in the cost of priority visas, study visas and certificates. of sponsorship.
According to the Home Office:
“Particular care is taken in setting rates to help reduce the financial contribution of British taxpayers, while continuing to provide a service that remains attractive to those who want to work in the UK and support greater prosperity for all.”
UK visa: key changes
- Fees for visit visas of up to six months, two, five and 10 years
- Most entry clearance fees and certain applications for permission to remain in the UK, including those for work and study.
- Fees for indefinite entry permit and indefinite stay permit
- Conventional travel document and travel document for stateless persons
- Health and care visa.
- Fees in relation to sponsorship certificates and confirmation of study acceptance
- The in-country and out-of-country rate for super priority service and the out-of-country rate for priority service. The settlement priority service will be reduced to be in line with the cost of using the priority service.
- Applications to register and naturalize as a British citizen
- The fee for the User Pay Visa Application service
Subject to parliamentary approval, immigration and nationality fees will increase from 4 October.
In other news, in April, the UAE Federal Authority for Identity, Nationality, Customs and Port Security (UAE ICP) revised entry permit fees for foreigners applying for a 10-year Golden Visa.
The authority increased the cost of the six-month entry permit to Dhs1,250, which includes a range of charges including Dhs1,000 for issuance, Dhs100 for application, Dhs100 for smart services, Dhs28 for electronic services and Dhs22 by the Federal Authority. fee.
News source: Gulf Business