4.4 million passengers will circulate through DXB this holiday season
The Christmas rush is here and around 4.4 million passengers are expected to pass through Dubai International Airport (DXB) this festive season between December 15 and 31.
Whether expats leave to return home for the holidays or visitors arrive in Dubai to celebrate the festive season, average total daily traffic is expected to reach around 258,000, with a peak on Friday, December 22, estimated at 279,000 passengers.
DXB on Thursday published helpful tips for getting through the holiday rush.
- Use the Dubai Metro to get to and from Terminals 1 and 3 of the airport. Metro operating hours are generally extended during holidays and peak periods in DXB.
- If you fly with Emirates, make use of the airline’s convenient self-service, home check-in and early check-in facilities, as well as the city check-in option at ICD Brookfield Place in the DIFC area in Dubai and dedicated facilities in Ajman .
- flydubai passengers must arrive at least four hours before their departure time.
- If traveling with other airlines, arrive at DXB no earlier than three hours before the scheduled departure time. Use online check-in when available to save time.
- Families with children over 12 years old can use Smart Gates to speed up the passport control process.
- Please be aware of the latest travel regulations for the destination you are traveling to and be prepared with all necessary travel documents.
- Weigh luggage at home, prepare documents in advance, and prepare for security checks to minimize stress and delays.
- Properly pack spare batteries and external batteries in your carry-on luggage.
- Say goodbye at home, as passengers will only be allowed into the terminals during peak hours.
- Avoid the airport road leading to Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 if you can; or expect to experience congestion during peak hours.
- Access to the arrivals areas of Terminals 1 and 3 is limited to public transportation and other authorized airport vehicles only. Those visiting the airport to pick up guests must use DXB designated car parks or valet services.
Once at the airport, enjoy DXB facilities including restaurants, duty free shops, hotel and exclusive lounge access before your flight.
In Terminals 1, 2 and 3, there will be various activities, including a 3D photo opportunity in a giant snow globe. Festive entertainers will also hand out chocolates and other gifts. Of course, Santa Claus and his elves will also be present.
Essa Al Shamsi, Senior Vice President of Terminal Operations at Dubai Airportssaying:
“With the Christmas spirit in full swing, we are ready for this peak of travel – your passport to a memorable experience. “Our dedicated teams at DXB are committed to making the festive travel experience merry and bright.”
News Source: Khaleej Times