Are you thinking about traveling to Canada on vacation or to visit your family?
Most UAE residents require a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You can find out if you need a visa to visit Canada by taking a short quiz on the official website: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/visas.asp. You can also find a list of nationalities that require a permit to enter the country.
In the Emirates, Canada’s authorized visa service provider is VFS Global, through which applications are submitted.
Each request must be accompanied by a signed consent form, which authorizes VFS to take biometric data for the process. The form is available on the VFS website.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can apply from the UAE and what documents you need to do so.
Step 1: Fill out forms
- The visa application form can be found on the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) website.
- You must complete the form electronically. Once completely completed, the form (including barcode sheets) should be printed on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper using a laser printer.
- Handwritten forms are not permitted.
- IRCC requires supporting documents along with the application. There is a checklist of documents that you must submit along with the form. Lists the required documents in the order in which they must be collected and submitted. Documents include (but are not limited to) proof of residency, marriage certificate, copy of passport, and proof of financial support.
- You must also complete a consent form and attach it to the application form.
Step 2: Book an appointment
- If you have not submitted the online application form, you will need to visit a visa application center (which in this case would be a VFS center) to do so. You must still book an appointment to have your biometric data (fingerprints and photographs) taken.
- You can book an appointment five ways: online, by phone, by email using a web form, via web chat on the VFS website, and in person at a VFS center.
- Once the appointment is booked, an appointment confirmation and email will be sent to the applicant.
Note: If a family or group applies together, they must still reserve individual appointments for each member.
Step 3: Pay the visa application fee
You can pay the fee at the time of the appointment. Both the Government of Canada fee and the biometric fee must be paid according to the instructions on the IRCC website.
Step 4: Visit the application center
- You can submit your application and biometrics at the center, pay the fees, and receive a receipt.
- The receipt contains a unique tracking number that will allow you to track the progress of your application online.
News Source: Khaleej Times