The Ministry clarifies 10 situations in which employment contracts can be dissolved in the Emirates.
He Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoHRE) in the United Arab Emirates has clarified ten circumstances under which employers can terminate their employees’ contracts.
Below are the situations in which employment contracts can be legally terminated:
1. If the employer impersonates another person or presents falsified documents or certificates
2. If the employee makes a mistake that causes substantial material loss to the employer, or if he deliberately damages the employer’s property and admits doing so.
3. If the employee violates the internal rules of the establishment, regarding work and employee safety.
4. If the employee does not comply with the obligations described in the contract and continues to violate them despite having been warned.
5. If the employee reveals any establishment secrets resulting in losses or loss of opportunity, or if he or she seeks personal benefits
6. If the employee is determined to be mentally unstable during work hours due to alcohol or drug use, or commits an action that violates public morals in the workplace.
7. If the employee attacks the employer, manager or any colleague
8. If the employee does not provide a valid reason for being absent for more than 20 intermittent days or seven consecutive days in a year
9. If the employee illegally takes advantage of his position to obtain personal benefits
10. If the employee joins another establishment without observing the relevant rules and procedures.
News Source: Khaleej Times